The conversation went something like this:
Easy Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oatmeal (Old Fashion is best)
- Grease muffin pan (or use cupcake liners for easy clean-up)
- In medium bowl, mix together eggs, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and milk
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- Mix in oatmeal
- Pour batter into muffin cups
- Bake 18 – 20 minute in 400° oven until golden brown, or toothpick comes out clean
To keep the muffins fresh and moist to enjoy later, let cool and cover tightly.
Don’t forget the butter!
To save a little time, mix up the dry ingredients in a mason jar ahead of time and put in cabinet. When ready to use, dump in a bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix.
Make a double batch and put a few in the freezer for another time. Or take some to a neighbor or friend.