A friend of mine brought this delicious dip to a meeting one evening, and served it warm with “tortilla chips with a hint of lime”. Yummy! I don’t usually care much for any thing that has “Buffalo” in the name, but this stuff was addictive! It wasn’t nearly as hot and spicy as I had expected.
I asked her to email me the recipe and she sent me this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe. As much as I liked this dip, I knew I could simplify the recipe and make a smaller amount for just Hubby and me.
Isn’t this the cutest little serving dish? It’s the perfect size for an individual serving, but will easily hold enough for two people.
It just adds a festive little touch to a snack.
I found a variety of colorful little dishes a few years ago, that I love to use for dips and snacks. They were all little bowl-type dishes, except for these darling little leaf plates.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
I generally have a couple of cooked chicken breasts in the freezer that I could have used, but the canned chicken makes it quick and easy to whip this dip together. Double the recipe, if you’re making this for a get-together.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (12.5 oz) chunk chicken, drained (or 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded)
- 1/2 cup wing sauce (add a little more for more heat)
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheese, can use 1/2 cup more if desired. (Cheddar, Colby-Monterrey Jack or Mexican Blend)
- Optional: Paprika
- Snack crackers, celery sticks or tortilla chips
Note: I doubled this recipe and tasted it right after mixing it together. It was every bit as delicious as the first time I tasted it. However, after reheating it for a potluck bunch, it was HOT! Several of the ladies commented that they loved it, though. So use LESS wing sauce for less heat.
- Put the chicken and wing sauce in a medium pan over medium heat. Simmer for a few minutes until the chicken absorbs some of the wing sauce.
- Stir in the cream cheese, ranch dressing and shredded cheese. Cook over medium heat until all of the cheese is melted and blended together.
- Stir frequently to avoid scorching.
- Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle a little paprika on top, if desired.
- Serve warm with snack crackers, celery sticks or tortilla chips.
How easy Is that?
Hope you like this as much as we do!