Some meals are perfect for cooking extra to do a little meal-prep for the freezer. This is one of those! I figured it doesn’t take any extra time to mix up a larger batch of meat mixture, and only a few extra minutes to make the additional meatballs. This recipe will make enough for one meal, plus enough extra meatballs to stash in the freezer for two more meals for a family of 4.
This was a quick and easy meal! The Mushroom Cream Sauce is rich and delicious, and super easy to make! I baked the second tray of meatballs while we ate dinner.
If you don’t want to make extra meatballs for the freezer, CUT the meatball recipe in half. If you want a large meal, DOUBLE the Mushroom Cream Sauce recipe.
Frozen meatballs are wonderful for a quick meal, but they are also an easy appetizer. When you are rushed for time for a last minute appetizer, thaw and heat the meatballs in the microwave and serve with ready-made BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, honey mustard or a cranberry sauce would all be tasty!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites This means we may garner a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase.
Baked Turkey Meatballs with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Makes about 65 meatballs. The Mushroom sauce recipe is enough for 1/3 to 1/2 of the meatballs. Print recipe
Ingredients (2 sections)
Baked Turkey Meatballs
- 3# ground turkey
- 1 ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- ½ cup minced onion (1 small onion)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (I used frozen)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 soup can of water
- 1/2 cup Half & Half (can sub milk or cream)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet (See this post for Kitchen Bouquet info)
Directions below the picture.
Directions (2 sections)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In large bowl, mix together ground turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, eggs and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into 1 ½” meatballs. Place on two lightly greased rimmed baking sheets (I like this one) and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until done.
Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Sauté the mushrooms in the melted butter on med/high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushroom soup, water, half & half, salt, pepper and Kitchen Bouquet (or Worcestershire sauce). Stir until well blended.
- Stir in meatballs and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Serve over rice or pasta, such as egg noodles, with a simple lettuce and tomato salad and garlic bread or crusty dinner rolls