Perfect for breakfast or lunch, these easy egg wraps are filled with a tasty combination of spinach, avocado and bacon, plus they can be filled with all sorts of keto-friendly fillings for a change of flavors.
Keto Egg Wraps with Spinach, Avocado, & Bacon
Prep 10 minutes, Cook 15 minutes, Serves 4
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (I dilute with half almond milk or half water)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter, divided
- 8 thick-cut bacon strips
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
- Combine the eggs, diluted cream, garlic powder, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk until smooth.
- Melt one-half tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Pour one quarter of the egg batter into the pre-heated skillet and swirl pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- Reduce heat to just below medium and cover the skillet. Cook just until the egg batter sets and is cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Transfer the egg wrap to a reserved platter and set aside. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to another skillet and cook until crispy, approximately 5-6 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and blot off excess grease. Discard all but one tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan and add the baby spinach. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the spinach wilts, approximately 2 minutes.
- To serve, top each egg wrap with the spinach mixture, two strips of bacon, and some avocado slices. Add a dash of hot sauce and fold, if desired.
Serve open-faced, folded in half, or rolled like a burrito. Enjoy!
Macros – per serving*
Net Carbs: 4.25g
*Source: Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed to be accurate.