This hearty casserole takes only 10 minutes to prep, then into the oven for a super easy dinner. Add a salad or your favorite vegetable side to round out the meal. Asparagus, broccoli or carrots all go well with chicken and rice dishes. Baked Chicken & Rice Casserole Print recipe Although not totally neccessary, for… Continue reading Baked Chicken &Rice Casserole
Like many of you, I feel at loose ends with this virus all around us, not knowing how long it will take for life to return to normal and it sounds like this may be our new normal for weeks to come. The worldwide coronavirus crisis is bringing out the best and sometimes worst in… Continue reading Sunday Reflections: Community Strong
A news story showed up in my Facebook newsfeed about a hospital in the area asking the public to sew these CDC-compliant face masks for the staff. They appear to be super simple to make. These masks are reusable and can be washed and sterilized. Are they legit? Well, a Health Care Professional friend of… Continue reading Homemade CDC-approved Medical Face Mask to Donate to Medical Facilities
This Instant Pot Italian Chicken Breasts recipe has a few more ingredients than I usually care to use. But it seriously doesn't take that long to prepare this delicious dish and it was amazing! Easy enough for a family meal and fancy enough for company. Use fresh herbs and serve with steamed broccoli for a… Continue reading Instant Pot Italian Chicken Breasts
I ran across the following slow cooker recipe last month and it sounded so good! It only has a few ingredients, which makes it super easy to throw in the slow cooker.
- 2 pounds top round sirloin steaks, cut into 3″ or 4″ pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4cup unbleached or all-purpose flour
- Cut steaks into 3 or 4-inch pieces and sprinkled with the salt and pepper.
- Place the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add half of the steaks. Brown thoroughly on each side, remove from pan and put them in the slow cooker. Repeat with the other steaks.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the hot pan along with 3 cups of beef broth. Reduce heat to medium high.
- Slowly add the flour to the hot pan. Stir constantly until the broth thickens. Pour gravy over the steaks in the slow cooker.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 4 hours…
View original post 13 more words