My Goodness, it’s been a busy month! We spent some extra time cleaning house and converting my little office to a guest room for a lovely granddaughter to visit for a week, plus getting a few more outdoor jobs done before she got here. While she was here, we spent a good deal of time… Continue reading My 3 Favorite Fall & Winter Soups
This collection of soups are perfect for fall and winter, and oh so easy to make! Lots of different flavor combinations to choose from. All of the soups can be made on the stove top, and some have slow cooker or Instant Pot directions. Several are low carb and keto-friendly. These soups make for an… Continue reading 11 Amazing Soups for Fall & Winter
I ran across the following slow cooker recipe last month and it sounded so good! It only has a few ingredients, which makes it super easy to throw in the slow cooker.
- 2 pounds top round sirloin steaks, cut into 3″ or 4″ pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4cup unbleached or all-purpose flour
- Cut steaks into 3 or 4-inch pieces and sprinkled with the salt and pepper.
- Place the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add half of the steaks. Brown thoroughly on each side, remove from pan and put them in the slow cooker. Repeat with the other steaks.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the hot pan along with 3 cups of beef broth. Reduce heat to medium high.
- Slowly add the flour to the hot pan. Stir constantly until the broth thickens. Pour gravy over the steaks in the slow cooker.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 4 hours…
View original post 13 more words
The first time I sampled this recipe was when it was served as an appetizer at a wedding reception years and years ago. We were hooked immediately! And it couldn't be any easier, even if you kick it up a notch or two by adding a couple of extra ingredients. Whether served as an appetizer… Continue reading Super Simple 3 Ingredient Swedish Meatballs
It was a spur of the moment decision to pick up a corned beef brisket the other day when we were in the city and found ourselves in Kroger. I don't know why I don't think of buying briskets more often, because we love corned beef. This slow cooker meal is full of potatoes, carrots,… Continue reading Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage