I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Not once, but TWICE!
Thanks a bunch to Kelleys DIY for nominating me for this wonderful award. As a reasonably new blogger, I am honored to have another blogger think my blog is worthy. Be sure to visit her site for a ton of fabulous DIY ideas and projects!
Being Aunt Debbie also nominated me. Many thanks to her too! I am grateful to be recognized as a real blogger. Check out her blog: she is a crotcheter, crafter and DIY-er. She also shares funny and inspirational posts.
What is the Liebster Award? The Liebster is an award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcoming.
The GUIDELINES for the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Display the award on your post
3. Answer the questions given to you
4. Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
5. Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
6. List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
My questions are:
1) What is your favorite color? I favor red, though I rarely wear it.
2) Cats or Dogs? Big dogs
3) Which is your ideal place: Beach, Lake, Ocean, Forest and why? Lake, because it’s more a “country-side” setting.
4) Favorite Scary Movie? I try not to watch scary movies.
5) One Wish? Better health.
6) Dream Vacation? Spending a week on small island in Maine.
7) Saver or spender? Unfortunately, a spender most of the time.
8) Which season do you prefer? (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)? Got to be spring!
9) Where’s your happy place? In my garden.
10) Why did you start your blog? I enjoy teaching and sharing things I have learned. My blog also keeps me motivated and accountable.
From Being Aunt Debbie . . .
My questions are:
- What is the scariest thing that ever happened to you? When I was a flight attendant, I was working on a flight out of Chicago and we hit severe turbulence.
- Are you afraid of snakes? Spiders? Snakes, yes most definitely! Spiders not so much, as long as they aren’t huge.
- Do you send out holiday cards or use the internet for sending your holiday greetings? I send a few cards.
- Do you have a YouTube channel of your own? If so, please share your link here! No, definitely not…no way…ain’t gonna happen.
- Who is your favorite author and why? I don’t read print material much anymore. Not enough sense to put the books down.
- What is your favorite song and why? “When a Man Loves a Woman” – Percy Sledge, because every woman wants to be loved like that.
- What is your favorite food? Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Potato Fries
- Velcro or laces on your shoes? Neither, slip on shoes, or zippered boots.
- Do you like thunderstorms? Yes, unless we have that techno lightening.
- What is your favorite healthy dish? Stuffed Zucchini, maybe? Eating healthy isn’t one of my strong suits.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award are:
Congratulations to my nominees! They all are awesome! If you get a chance, please check out their blogs! I am sure you will enjoy them too!
- trkingmomoe “Low Budget Meals for the New Normal.” Retired and living in Florida, she has some tasty recipes including a “Cooking for Two” category. She also shares quilting and needlework.
- Herbal Blessings Blog “Growing and harvesting a bounty of blessings in my potager.” I have major garden-envy reading her blog posts!
- The Natural Catholic Mom “Pursuing health and holiness in my domestic church.” She has many categories on her blog, including healthy eating, homemaking and natural living.
- from dust of the earth “urban gardening and nature photography in zone 8.” Beautiful photographs!
- Just Borking Around “In an attempt to share recipes and cooking experiences through my Pinterest-inspired journey, this blog was born.” And she does a mighty fine job!
- Wing and a Prayer “Adventures in Permaculture” They are doing a remarkable job in Arizona.
- Wishing Wells Life “Real Food, Real Creativity, Real Life” I love her creations!
- Full Circle Farm “Thoughts and opinions on the life and culture we have and need.” Nice reading!
- Frugal Hausfrau “Recipes so Good no-one will know you’re Cheap!” A wonderful and fun collection of frugal recipes and tips!
- In Dianes Kitchen “Recipes showing step by step directions with pictures and gadget reviews.” She is passionate about sharing cooking skills and has a lot of amazing recipes on her site.
Questions for my Nominees:
- What’s your favorite personal possession and why?
- Do you prefer stability or spontaneity?
- If you could have any celebrity (past or present) be your best friend, which celebrity would you pick?
- Have you ever lived or spent time in another country?
- Favorite movie?
- What type of food do you prefer when you eat out?
- Seen anything lately that made you smile?
- What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before?
- Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight, or night?
- Which three words describe you best?
Again, Congratulations to my nominees!