This super easy versatile dish hits all the high notes for a recipe! The basic recipe is only 5 ingredients, takes only 15 minutes to make, plus the basic version is gluten-free, paleo, weight watchers & 21-day fix friendly.
Although perfect as pictured, if you aren’t following one of the above mentioned diet plans, or want to expand the dish a little, change it up by adding broccoli to the stir fry, serve over steamed white rice or cauliflower rice, egg noodles or gluten free pasta. Maybe add steamed asparagus on the side.
It’s all good! Seriously!
5-Ingredient Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry
If adding rice or pasta to this meal, start them before the stir-fry. If adding broccoli, stir-fry it for a few minutes before adding the beef and pineapple.
Prep 10 minutes Cook 5 minutes Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound beef flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2½ cup pineapple chunks (It’s better with fresh, but can substitute canned pineapple chunks)
- 3 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos (can substitute , but it’s NOT gluten free))
- 3 scallions, sliced thin (or substitute 1-2 tablespoons green onions, or diced fresh onion in a pinch)
- Optional: sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Additionally, if desired: cauliflower rice, gluten free pasta, rice or egg noodles.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large high-sided skillet or wok over high heat. Add the beef and pineapple and season with a small pinch of salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Stir-fry the beef and pineapple over high heat until the beef is cooked through and the pineapple develops a slight golden color, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tamari or coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes, or just until the mixture is warm and bubbly.
- Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Remove from heat and stir in the scallions (or onions).
- Serve immediately.