Every mouthful of these tasty little beef sliders is so delicious you won’t even miss the bun. Finely minced garlic and onion imparts juiciness and flavor to otherwise basic ground beef, while bacon, mushrooms, and sautéed mushrooms make every bite something to savor. Only 2.5 grams net carbs per serving.
To save a little time on these for a meal later in the week, when I am meal-prepping and pre-cooking some hamburger for the week, I’ll go ahead and make up the patties so I can make this meal in 15 or 20 minutes. Anther time-saving idea I use is that I almost always have a few pieces of cooked bacon in the fridge or freezer, and it re-heats in a matter of seconds. Also, I’ll plan on another meal for a day or two before that has mushrooms, then I’ll save a little back for these sliders.
These make delicious appetizers too, if you make them a little smaller.
Bacon, Blue Cheese, and Mushroom Beef Sliders
Tip: If you aren’t closely watching your carb count or avoiding added sugar in your recipes, you can add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce to the beef mixture before cooking for even more flavor.
Prep 10 minutes, Cook 35-40 minutes, Serves 4 (2 sliders per serving)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon white onion, finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 strips bacon, cut into thirds and cooked
- Optional: Lettuce leaves to wrap sliders to pick up if desired
- Optional Side Dish: 1 (12-oz. package) frozen broccoli, steamed
- Preheat oven broiler to high and set top oven rack to the second highest setting.
- Add ground beef, mustard, garlic, and onion to a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and mix with a fork or your fingers until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Divide beef mixture into 8 portions and shape each into small patties. Set patties on a plate and gently press each with your thumb in the center to keep them from puffing up while cooking. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, oven-safe skillet. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are nicely browned, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer mushrooms to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Add slider patties to the skillet and cook until brown on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and top each slider with sautéed mushrooms and crumbled blue cheese. Place skillet in oven under broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until blue cheese starts to melt.
- Remove skillet from oven and top each slider with a piece of bacon and serve immediately on a bed of lettuce and with a side of steamed broccoli, if desired.