What do you get when you combine Broccoli & Cheese and Beef & Rice together in one pot? Possibly the perfect comfort food! It’s quick and easy to put together for weeknight meals and hungry families. I love hearty meals that make plenty for dinner, plus enough for leftovers.
One-Pot Beef & Broccoli Rice
- 2# ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 1 clove garlic, finely chopped)
- 2 cups beef broth (or 3 tsp beef bouillon dissolved in 3 cups warm water)
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp creole seasoning (homemade recipe below)
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 4 cups (16 oz) frozen cut broccoli (cut up larger pieces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Colby or Mexican Blend all work well)
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, chopped onion and minced garlic.
- When the ground beef is cooked through, add broth, tomato sauce, creole seasoning, uncooked rice, broccoli, and canned tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is done.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top, then cover until cheese melts.
The following Homemade Creole Seasoning Recipe goes together in a matter of minutes. Just measure everything directly into the jar. See my post on making an Easy DIY Label the jar.
Homemade Creole Seasoning Recipe
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
Measure ingredients into a jar and shake well before each use.
Use as indicated anytime a recipe calls for Creole Seasoning.