This time of year is stressful for a lot of people for so many different reasons. But what if you could say one little thing to brighten their day? How do you feel when you receive a compliment?
“When you see something beautiful in someone, tell them. It may take you a second to say it, but for them, it could last a lifetime.” Author Unknown
I try to give compliments frequently. For me, the perfect opportunity is when I am walking through Walmart or standing in a checkout line. I really don’t find it difficult to find something nice and kind to say to the person in the same aisle, or in front of me at the checkout. Or to the cashier, if the person in front of me was rude to the cashier.
This a good time to get in the habit of complimenting people on a regular basis, so after the first of the year, it will be a wonderful habit to continue.
Here are a few simple compliments to give to someone. Use another word in place of the underlined words if need be. Just be sincere in your compliments. People want to feel special, people want to have someone confirm they have good taste, and some might need a little boost to their self-esteem.
Tell them . . .
- Your scarf is gorgeous. (jacket, shirt, necklace, etc)
- Cool tie. (for men)
- You look so pretty.
- I love the color of your hair.
- I love your glasses.
- You have the prettiest smile.
- I love that outfit.
- That hairstyle looks beautiful on you.
- You have the cutest kids. (dog?)
- You have the best laugh.
- That color (of outfit) looks beautiful on you.
- You are so helpful. (kind, sweet, etc)
- You sound like an amazing mother. (cool mom, awesome dad, etc)
- You look so stylish. (classy, sophisticated, etc)
- Your cologne smells so good.
- That was so nice of you. (after seeing a kind gesture -kind, wonderful, etc)
- Thank you.
- And finally, just smile!
I know . . . it sounds so easy, but it could mean so much more to recipient.
If you need more inspiration, here is a post about Kindness Acts that has some wonderful ideas to spread a little kindness around!
To My Readers
I appreciate you all being there. You are all so kind and inspiring, and I am grateful for your friendship! Thank you!