If you are on a mission to improve your diet, and are trying to eat more vegetables, this soup is perfect! It is delicious and super easy to make, and the recipe can be adapted countless ways to incorporate whatever fresh vegetables and herbs you have available. Be sure to add a splash of fresh lime juice right before serving to brighten the flavors!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you don’t have one yet, here is an Instant Pot for a good price.
Instant Pot Vegan Vegetable Soup
Serves: 4-6 Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7-8 minutes (PLUS time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 10 minutes
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large stalks celery, chopped
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped (red or white onion)
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. chili powder
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 c. baby kale, roughly chopped
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, garlic powder, and chili powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and vegetables start to turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine, scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot in the process. Turn the unit off.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves, and chopped tomatoes to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir in baby kale and lime juice, and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Stir to combine and serve immediately.