Here’s a 5-ingredient super easy main dish that’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Top the pork chops with the delicious Creamy Chive Pan Sauce, serve with your favorite potato or rice-type side dish and add steamed vegetables for a hearty meal with a gourmet flair!
And if you don’t care for pork chops, chicken breasts will work just as well.
Boneless Pork Chops with Creamy Chive Pan Sauce
To substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts for the pork chops, cut 4 chicken breasts in half horizontally to about ½” thick. They will require cooking about 8 minutes per side to an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C.
Prep 10 minutes — Cook 10 – 15 minutes — Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (about 4 oz. each) boneless pork chops
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Optional: Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional for garnish: Additional fresh chives, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops on each side with salt and pepper, if desired, and add to pre-heated skillet. Brown pork chops on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove pork chops from pan and set aside on a rimmed dish to collect juices. Cook pork chops to an internal temperature of 145°F/63°C.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken broth and cream cheese to the skillet. Gently scrape bottom of pan to loosen brown bits and continue stirring until the cheese is completely melted, approximately 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add juices from the plate holding the pork chops to the skillet. Stir to combine liquids, and then add pork chops. Cook for 1 – 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chives.
- Transfer the pork chops to individual serving plates and top with creamy pan sauce. Garnish with additional chives, if desired, and serve immediately with your choice of sides.