These Ranch-Rubbed Roasted Pork Chops are another wonderful tasting recipe that is easy enough for a weeknight meal, yet fancy enough for a Sunday Feast, and pairs well with any of your favorite side dishes.
If you are following a diet plan, they are also Low carb, Keto-friendly and Whole 30 approved. Hubby and I have been sticking with keto-friendly foods for almost 3 months now, and it’s flavorful dishes like this that keep us going. That and successfully losing weight.
No need to buy a pre-packaged ranch dressing or seasoning mix to make this, because it’s so easy to make your own. Use the recipe below as a guideline, then adjust the seasonings to suit your own tastes. Once you’ve found the perfect blend, you can mix up larger batches and store the excess in an airtight container for several months. This seasoning is excellent on meats, in homemade salad dressings, or blended with Greek yogurt for a healthy vegetable dip.
Ranch-Rubbed Roasted Pork Chops
Prep 10 minutes, Cook 16-18 minutes, Serves 4
Dry Ranch Seasoning
Makes 7 tablespoons of mix. Store unused mix in recycled jar.
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning (recipe above)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in thick-cut pork chops, approximately 1” thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C and line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the ranch seasoning, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Rub pork chops with 1-2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning (divided evenly among all 4 chops), until coated. (Store remaining ranch seasoning in an airtight container for later use).
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat before adding seasoned pork chops to skillet. Sear pork chops on each side until browned, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Once browned, transfer pork chops to the lined baking sheet, leaving room between each pork chop so they are not over-crowded. Place baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and roast for 8 minutes before turning each chop. Continue roasting another 8-10 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the chop reads 145°F/65°C (medium-rare) to 160°F/70°C (medium).
- Remove chops from oven and let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.