Who knew cauliflower could become a new family favorite to bring to the fall table! This is another awesome easy side dish for a quick weeknight meal. Just toss it all together and pop it in the oven for a flavorful, low carb side that pairs well with everything from poultry to beef and pork roasts. Add the optional crushed red pepper flakes to give it a little kick!
This recipe is Keto-friendly and Low Carb. If you are eating Whole 30, skip the Parmesan. There are 54 calories in a 1/8 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, which breaks down to 60% fat, 4% carbs, 36% protein.
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
Prep 5 minutes, Cook 25-27 minutes, Serves 4
- 1 large head cauliflower, rinsed, dried, and separated into florets
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- Optional: 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 450˚F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cauliflower florets, olive oil, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread seasoned cauliflower on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes at 450˚F, stirring once to ensure cauliflower cooks evenly.
- Remove from oven and set the broiler to high. Evenly sprinkle cauliflower with ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and place under the broiler until golden brown (approximately 2 minutes).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.