This flavorful one-pan main dish only takes about half an hour to get on the table, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something a little healthier than take out. The ingredients are simple, but come together beautifully!
Each stuffed pork chop serving has 4.5 g total carbs, 1.9 g fiber, and 2.6 g net carbs.
Creamed Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops
Prep time: 5 minutes, Cook time: 25–30 minutes, Serves: 4
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1” thick
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 12 oz. fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened and divided
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup organic, sugar-free chicken broth
- Cut each pork chop with a sharp knife along one side to form a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through. Season each side with salt and black pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic over medium heat in a large, high-sided skillet. Cook until garlic turns fragrant and golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Working in batches if necessary, add fresh spinach to the skillet and cook until it wilts, stirring constantly.
- Add 3 ounces of the cream cheese and sour cream to the skillet and stir until spinach is coated and the cheese is completely melted. Season the mixture with salt and black pepper to taste, and remove from heat. Let cool slightly before stuffing each pork chop with an equal amount of the spinach mixture, removing all of the spinach mixture from the pan in the process.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the same skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add stuffed pork chops to hot skillet and cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side or until pork is browned and cooked through. Remove pork chops from skillet and transfer to a serving dish. Cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Add chicken broth and remaining cream cheese to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Scrape up brown bits from bottom of the pan while stirring to incorporate the cream cheese into the sauce. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced by one half, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- To serve, spoon some pan sauce over each stuffed pork chop and enjoy immediately.