If you are looking for something different for breakfast, this quick and easy low carb breakfast sandwich is served on Keto Cloud Bread (aka: Oopsie Bread). If the cloud bread is made up ahead of time, these sandwiches can be made up in a matter of minutes on a busy morning, making them perfect for a grab and go breakfast. But this sandwich is not just for breakfast! It tastes great for lunch or a light dinner, too!
Add a couple of lettuce leaves to make this a BLT, or change up the flavor, by switching out the bacon for thin slices of meat.
If you haven’t had cloud bread before, I don’t want you to be disappointed if you make it. Cloud bread is a high-protein low-carb alternative to bread…it does NOT taste like bread, nor does it have the texture of bread. However, it does make an excellent substitution for bread, if you want a sandwich.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Keto Avocado Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich
Tip: For a neater looking sandwich, trim each Cloud Bread (egg round) with a 3″ or 4″ cookie cutter, if desired.
Calories: 496, Fat: 40.09g, Carbs: 7.92g, Protein: 26.75g
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 20 minutes, Serves: 4
Ingredients for Cloud Bread:
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Sandwich Filling:
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ½ medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 12 thick-cut slices bacon, cooked crisp
- Preheat oven to 325ºF/165°C and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Add the 6 egg whites to the bowl of a stand-mixer or a large mixing bowl if using a hand mixer. Mix on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese with 4 egg yolks and the garlic powder. (Reserve the remaining egg yolks for another use). Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Working in batches, gently fold the whipped egg whites into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula just until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Do not overwork.
- Spoon approximately a quarter cup of the mixture on the prepared baking sheets to create 8 circles. Gently spread the mixture into one-half inch high circles, leaving some space between each circle. (The mounds will spread a bit while baking).
- Bake until the egg rounds become golden and fully set in the center, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and trim each egg round with a 3″ or 4″ cookie cutter, if desired. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on four of the circles and return to the oven just until the cheese is melted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and top each of the rounds with cheddar with 2-3 avocado slices, a thin slice of tomato, and one strip of bacon broken in half. Top with the remaining egg rounds and serve immediately with 2 additional strips of crispy bacon on the side. Enjoy!
How to Store Keto Cloud Bread (Oopsie Bread)
First of all, the texture is much better, if eaten within 10-12 hours of making. However, Keto Cloud Bread will keep at room temperature for a couple of days.
If you want to keep them for several days, let them cool completely at room temperature for a few hours, and then place them in an airtight container. If they need to be stacked, place wax paper between them. Store them in the fridge for 5 -6 days.
They can also be frozen for several weeks. Freeze them individually on a tray before placing them in a freezer bag. When ready to use them, thaw at room temperature.
Reheat Keto Cloud Bread in the toaster.