I’m sure you’ve heard the jokes about the “ring n’ dash” mode of disposing of excess zucchini? Bag up a bunch of humongous zucchini, deliver to an unsuspecting neighbor’s porch, ring the door bell and run…fast! I’m thankful we haven’t had to resort to that.
Our container garden has been doing well this year, without us being overwhelmed with fresh vegetables, specifically zucchini. There has been just enough zucchini to use to prepare a few delicious meals, plus a few extra for the freezer.
After sharing my creamy Kool-Aid Pie recipe the other day (which you must try by the way), I decided I needed to make something a tad bit healthier. If you really need an excuse to eat this dessert, zucchini is extremely healthy! Just sayin’…
3 Ingredient Chocolate Zucchini Cake
By now, you’ve probably picked up on the fact that I like simple recipes with few ingredients. This cake is so easy to make starting with a cake mix, and adding eggs and grated zucchini. Because it doesn’t have any oil, it’s not quite as moist as a regular cake, but it definitely had a wonderful flavor.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
with a Cake Mix
- 1 Devil’s Food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini, about 1 medium size (loosely packed in measuring cup)
- Print Recipe Card
- Grate the zucchini (a food processor works good)
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl for 2 -3 minutes
- Pour the cake batter into two greased medium loaf pans (use cocoa powder to lightly “flour” the loaf pan to keep the cake from sticking to the sides) I divided the batter to make one loaf pan and 10 cupcakes.
- Bake at 350° for 35 – 40 minutes (bake cupcakes 15 -18 minutes), or until toothpick comes out clean.
Frost the cake with your favorite frosting, if desired. This cake is delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Perfect for an easy dessert to share with family and friends.