I was looking for new side dish ideas, when I discovered roasted vegetables last year. They are so easy to make, and taste so much better than steamed or boiled vegetables. My favorites are the vegetables roasted with garlic and Parmesan cheese. We didn’t use Parmesan cheese much until several months ago, except for the can of grated cheese we occasionally used on spaghetti. We now keep both a can of grated and a bag of shredded Parmesan in the fridge all the time.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Broccoli is flavorful and delicious, and makes a wonderful side dish. It’s a perfect accompaniment to grilled chicken or steak and a baked potato, and makes for a quick and easy meal. And healthy to boot!
My recipe for Parmesan Roasted Green Beans is equally delicious!
This recipe is an adaption of several I found online. They all called for fresh broccoli. I almost always have frozen broccoli stashed in my freezer, so I usually use it, which I let partially thaw. I generally use homemade bread crumbs, but I have included a link for Panko bread crumbs below.
Resources We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Roasted Parmesan Broccoli
Prep 5 minutes Bake 25 minutes Serves 6
- 2 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 2 – 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- a few shakes of salt
- a few shakes of black pepper
- Optional: a little shredded Parmesan cheese for garnishment
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet with either olive oil or a cooking spray.
- Separate the broccoli into bite size pieces. Place in a bowl with the minced garlic.
- Pour the olive oil over the broccoli and garlic. Gently turn until the broccoli is until evenly coated.
- Add the seasonings, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Gently turn the broccoli again until the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese look evenly dispersed.
- Spread evenly in a single layer on the lightly greased baking sheet.
- Roast for approximately 25 minutes (5 minutes longer for more tender broccoli)
- Serve immediately. I like to sprinkle a little shredded Parmesan cheese over the top before serving.