This is a super easy heart “wreath” that came about quite by accident and only cost me a couple of dollars. It might have taken me a whole 10 minutes of actual “working” time, with the whole project taking 30 minutes max from start to finish.
For some reason, the picture is sharp and clean in my computer files, but when I add it to the post, it’s kind of blurry. I don’t quite understand that. Anyway, hanging on the wall, the roses do stand out from the ribbon. Although at some point, I may switch out the red ribbon for a burlap ribbon for added contrast.
This project ended up going through several potential renditions in my mind until I came up with the final design.
It all started a couple of weeks ago when a fellow blogger made a beautiful rose wreath that I decided I wanted to make. I was looking for something that didn’t scream Valentine’s Day and something I could leave up all the time. This idea was perfect!
So the next time I went to town, I picked up this ready-made heart wall hanging from Dollar Tree. It was the last one. I can’t believe the dollar stores are already running low or completely out of Valentine’s Day supplies. Well, I can, but I don’t like it!
I easily deconstructed it, and then set it aside until I had time to make the Rose Wreath.
Before I went back to work on it, I found the following idea on Pinterest. I decided I could wrap the heart frame I had with twine, then put a pretty bow on it, and it would be more in keeping with our home style.
Then another Plot Twist occurred! I had the frame laying on my work table and the more I looked at it, the more I was digging the deconstructed heart frame design. But it needed to be painted black to match a few other black wire or iron looking pieces throughout my home.
There is an old saying “Every room needs a touch of black“. Black mixes well with all colors and designs, and a little bit goes a long way. Not that my home is anything fancy, but I’ve gotten so use to following that design advice, that my rooms feel naked without any black.
I took a pair of pliers and snapped each little nub off the heart frame and gave the frame a couple of coats of black spray paint.
I dug through my silk flower stash and pulled out a small dollar store bouquet of 6 roses, a sprig of gypsophila, and a sprig of the muted green berries. I used all of the roses and half of the other two sprigs. I clipped the flowers and berries off on 5-6″ stems, and then twist tied them to the frame along one side, followed by a red woven bow. If need be, I can go back and add some drops of hot glue for more stability, if needed.