This one pot recipe is packed with flavor and is super easy to prepare. The classic pairing of fresh rosemary and lemon is the centerpiece of this dish, while the addition of sautéed onions add a subtle depth to the flavors. When paired with steamed broccoli, you have the makings of a satisfying, low-carb meal that will soon become a new family favorite.
If you are not eating low carb, this chicken dish is wonderful served with egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
One Skillet Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Broccoli
Prep 10 minutes, Cook 30-35 minutes, Serves 4-6
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1½ tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 16-oz. bag frozen broccoli
- 1 medium lemon, quartered & sliced
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted, and then swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Unroll chicken thighs and season each side with salt and black pepper. Add seasoned chicken to hot skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and releases easily from the bottom of the skillet. Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a plate. Cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter and sliced onion to skillet. Sauté onions, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Bring liquid to a boil while using a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add chopped rosemary leaves and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by about half, approximately 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken and its juices to the skillet, along with the frozen broccoli and thin lemon wedges. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp tender and chicken is cooked through. (Internal temperature should read 165°F on an instant-read thermometer).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a spoonful of pan sauce drizzled over each chicken thigh.
- Garnish with additional lemon wedges, if desired.