These yummy pork chops are so quick and easy to make and are absolutely delicious! The sauce is smooth and rich, and comes together in minutes. Perfect main course for a keto or low carb meal plan with only 1.62 carb grams per serving.
Pork Chops with Easy Pan Sauce (Keto-friendly)
Prep 10 minutes, Cook 20 minutes, Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced (can substitute a sweet onion, leeks or green onions)
- 4 bone-in pork chops, approximately 1/2” thick
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter, cut into chunks
- Optional Garnish: 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallots softens and develops a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the garlic powder, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add the chops to the hot skillet and brown on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pork chops from the skillet to a platter and set aside. Add chicken stock and gently scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet with a spatula. Return the chops to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes or until chops are cooked through to internal temperature of 145°F.
- Transfer chops to a serving plate and cover to keep warm. While the chops rest, add the butter to the skillet and whisk to combine with the pan sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- To serve, spoon some of the pan sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with fresh parsley if using. Serve immediately.
These pork chops pair well with most keto side dishes. I usually serve with my Pan-roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, steamed broccoli with butter, or a large salad, which is exactly what we need to keep us on track of our keto journey.
If you are counting macros per serving* Calories 509, Fat 36.35g, Carbs 1.62g, Net Carbs 1.42g, Protein 41.89g.
*Source: HappyForks.com (Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed to be accurate)